one of “those” friends

Home The Gossip Mr Wrong one of “those” friends

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar alwaysdating 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    hayles
    Participant

I have a male friend that I chat with daily, he will text first thing in the morning, all through the day and last thing at night. We’re supposed to have a friends with benefits type of thing, which is great, but I get so confused. He constantly says he cares, he’s interested in my family my work etc and I’m not sure if that’s how it’s supposed to work. I’ll admit I’m naive and very new to this, I was married for a long time and then suddenly dumped. Is it possible to have this kind of relationship with no feelings?

alwaysdating
    Participant

Hi @hayles,

Do you have feelings for him?

Xx

hayles
    Participant

I really do.

alwaysdating
    Participant

It sounds like he likes you too. Why did you both decide to go down the friends with benefits thing? Do you get people around you asking why you aren’t together?

Xx

hayles
    Participant

He was in the process of leaving his wife when we met. And I didn’t want it to look like I’d know him before and that I was the reason for the split so I wanted it quiet. We don’t go out we just go to each other’s places. He said he’s not ready for anything serious so he just confuses me when he’s saying all the right things.

hayles
    Participant

We stopped seeing each other for a couple of months and when we started again he said he missed me. But then he always says to me it’s fine if I want to stop!!!

alwaysdating
    Participant

Would you feel comfortable asking him out straight if he wants more? Or even joke with him that someone has asked why you aren’t together and see his response?

If you are in it for potentially more but he is not, it would be good to find out sooner rather than later. You can then stop the feels (if that’s possible) and carry on reaping the benefits or nip it in the bud and protect your heart.

Xx

hayles
    Participant

I think I know it won’t go anywhere. The more I think about it the more I want it to. I know he will say he doesn’t want a relationship I just need to stop it really. I actually writing it down here has helped!! Thank you!

alwaysdating
    Participant

Anytime xx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.