Ghosts

Home The Gossip Mr Right Ghosts

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Faye 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Emilyla
    Participant

So it happened a couple of times in the last few weeks with 2 different men.. We talked, everything was great, we went on a date which went well, we talked the days after the date and one day they just disappeared! Why would they go on talking to me and make more plans to meet again and just vanish??

Faye
    Participant

I was waiting for ghosting to come up! It happened to me really bad. We were dating, all going really really well. He even turned up to my office with presents for me! One day we’d arranged to meet on a Sunday at Liverpool Street station to go to Brick Lane… he DIDN’T show! Or answer my calls, or texts!

After a couple of weeks of silence and it consuming every single thought I had throughout the day I thought i’d try one last time. His “boss” answered the phone and said he was busy. I could sense it was all BS and it weirdly gave me some closure. I text him after calling him a dick and see ya. He then tried blaming me. Long story short- I found out it’s because he got back with his ex!!

Nothing to do with me at all and i’m sure it’s the same with you. As frustrating as it is, some men are just idiots and can’t face situations!

Xx

Emilyla
    Participant

Oh wow! What a dick.. It would have made it so much easier for them if they would just say something.. even if they’re just not interested anymore. Why make plans and not turn up?? X

Faye
    Participant

I know! My boss asked me what had I done wrong 😂. Cheeky cow!

Xx

Becca3
    Participant

Argh, similar thing happened to me a couple of years ago. I met a guy through an online dating site, we chatted for a few months before deciding to meet up.

He lived a good few hours from me and I (stupidly/crazily?!) decided to go and stay at his house for the weekend. We’d talked loads and loads so I felt like I trusted him and I knew him. Off I went on the train to his. We had THE best weekend I’ve had in forever … we talked, laughed, went out, stayed in, cuddled, kissed. He treated me so, so well.

Back home and we still continued to talk and chat … he said he’d had a great weekend too and we were making plans for another meet up. Strangely, he wasn’t too keen to commit to an actual date to meet but he was still very much in contact with me and me him so I wasn’t too concerned.

Then one day … gone. He had been quiet for a few days, no messages, no calls, not answering my calls etc but I tried not to think too much of it … I was sure he was just busy and he’d get back to me soon.

That was in September 2017 … I’m guessing he’s not going to reply! He’s clearly very, very, very busy 🤦🏼‍♀️

I did send him a message eventually, telling him what I thought of him … made me feel slightly better because I’d had the last word 😂

kittykat30
    Participant

I’ve had this happen a couple of times, I’ve been speaking to men on POF and all is going well we plan to meet up and we are getting along really well just for them to stop talking to me 24 hours before we are meant to meet up.

Be glad you actually got to at least go on a few dates I don’t even get that far, it got me so down that I’ve stopped all dating apps and can’t even consider going back on them, it’s too bad for my self esteem.

singlepringle
    Participant

I chatted to a guy recently and things were great, we agreed to meet and grab a drink. But the closer the date actually got, the more flakey he became and suddenly busy. I asked if he was still okay to meet and he unmatched me and ghosted my message! I got the hint but I just don’t get why you can’t be honest and just say?

Emilyla
    Participant

Well, I don’t give up.. I’ve been talking to another guy and we just said we’ll meet for a drink on Friday. I wander if he’ll make it 😂

Faye
    Participant

@becca3 wow what a head f*ck! I bet it took a while to get over? Even now, not having any closure from him. What is it with these idiots?

Have you stalked him on social at all? I know we shouldn’t but my cheeky thumbs can’t help themselves sometimes! 😂

Xx

Faye
    Participant

@kittykat30 Same keeps happening to my mate. Literally the day they are due to meet- nothing! Not even a “sorry can’t make it tonight”. So inconsiderate!

I wouldn’t take it personally though, they never got to meet you in person so it wasn’t you.

Unlike me who got ghosted during a decent length of time relationship 😂

Xx

Faye
    Participant

@singlepringle As I just said to @kittykat30, it’s not you. They never got to meet you. Their loss!

Maybe he had a girlfriend and she found out? Funny how we try to diagnose why. Which I could be a hard cow and not care.

FYI- can you tell i’m Not doing much work today. This is much more fun!

Xx

Becca3
    Participant

@faye yep, took me a while! I just don’t understand why these guys aren’t up front and honest with us … at least then I’d have a bit of closure. He seemed a really decent guy, too!

Tried stalking him 😂 Couldn’t find anything … he definitely doesn’t use any variation of his actual name if he’s on there. Clearly when you’re a dick you need to keep under the radar!

There’s someone better for us all, girls😘

Faye
    Participant

@becca3 “clearly when you are a dick you have to stay under the radar” – that cracked me up!

It’s probably a good thing as you’d always have a little peak.

There certainly is! Come find me Mr! 😂

Xx

Becca3
    Participant

@faye Come and find me, too! And if he finds you first, make sure he’s got a suitable friend/brother for me 😂😂

Faye
    Participant

@becca3 😂 🙋🏽‍♀️

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.