Another chance?

Home The Gossip Mr Wrong Another chance?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Beth 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bellaandme
    Participant

So my ex partner says he’s changed but I don’t know whether to believe him or not.
    We have a daughter and I would love to bring her up together, however I don’t think I can get over what he did.
    He had a gambling problem, he used to steal my bank details and spend my money, in the end he’d spent thousands (about £4,000 of my money in two months) on online betting accounts, some even made in my own name.
    Am I being stupid even considering giving him another chance?

Beth
    Participant

I don’t think you’re being stupid at all. When you love someone it’s hard to forget them no matter what they’ve done.
    I think before you do anything, you should be 100% certain that he is getting the help he needs. If he has an addiction then he needs to admit it and seek the appropriate help.
    I think you should tell him that if he’s serious about getting back together with you, then he needs to prove it. Especially as you have a child together.
    Until he has been able to do this, then try your hardest not to let him fully back into your life, however, you can be there to support him if you want to.
    I hope that makes sense!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.